The CV Guru Group UK Limited ('the Company') is registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (Registration Number: ZA285027) in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Company is committed to the principals of data protection and the protection of the privacy of individuals.
In order to execute our duties it is necessary for the Company to collect, store and process individuals’ personal information, including sensitive personal information. The Company fully endorses and adheres to the Eight Principles of Data Protection as set out in schedule one of the Data Protection Act 1998. The main purpose of these principles is to protect the interests of the individuals whose personal data is being processed and the Company is committed to safeguarding the privacy of its users by following the principles below:
- Personal Data shall be fairly and lawfully processed only with your knowledge and consent – the Company does not complete any services without the written consent of the individual concerned.
- The Company will collect and process appropriate personal data only to the extent that it is needed to fulfil operational needs or to comply with any legal requirements.
- The Company will not use the personal data for any reason other than that specified to customers in order to fulfil its services purchased by customers. We do not sell or release personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
- The company will ensure the quality and accuracy of the personal data.
- Personal data will not be kept for any longer than is reasonably required to execute our duties and deal with any disputes or queries. Once the operational or legal requirement to store the data has expired the personal information is destroyed in a secure manner.
- The Company will ensure that the rights of individuals about whom the personal data is held, can be fully exercised under the Act. Reasonable technical and organisational measures shall be taken to prevent the misuse, loss/destruction or damage to personal data.
- The Company will take appropriate security measures to safeguard personal data. We will store all personal information gathered on a secure server that is password and firewall protected. We cannot guarantee the security of data prior to its arrival into our secure system.
- The Company operates services in the UK and Ireland and some European countries. We do not provide any services outside these areas.
Subject Access Requests
The Company is a Data Processor under the Data Protection Act 1998 and has nominated it's Managing Director to be its Data Protection Officer.
The Act means you can obtain a copy of the details held by the Company. This is called a Subject Access Request. The request must be made in writing with evidence of your identity and the payment of a fee. At present the fee is £10.00. We must obtain authorisation from your prospective employer (the data controller) to release this information if applicable.
Please note that these Terms are for the use of website only and that if you wish to use our services that will be governed by a separate contract between us.
This website and its content are provided for general information only and not intended for use without professional advice. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the content on this website to be true and accurate and up to date the law and regulations change continually, and unintentional errors can occur. All content is provided “as is” and we give no assurances or warranty regarding the accuracy, completeness or currency of any of the content or the suitability of the same for any particular purpose. Your use of the information and materials on this website is entirely at your own risk. Nothing in this website constitutes financial, legal or other professional advice nor is it intended to be a substitute for these.
It is your own responsibility to ensure that any information or services available through this website meet your specific requirements. Please therefore do not act directly on anything you read but contact us for advice on your specific circumstances.
We do not warrant that access to this website will be uninterrupted or entirely error free.
Whilst it is our policy to virus check documents and files before they are posted on this website we cannot guarantee that documents or files downloaded from this website will be free from viruses and we do not accept any responsibility for any damage or loss caused by any virus. Accordingly, for your own protection, you must use virus-checking software when using this website.
For cookies relating to Google services (including analytics and advertising) – users who consent to our site can learn more about how tracking information is used in their Privacy & Terms. Please visit this resource for more information.
This website is protected by copyright and database rights. Unless otherwise stated the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in all other material on the website (including without limitation photographs and graphical images) are owned by us or our licensors. Permission is given for the downloading and temporary storage of one or more of these pages for the sole purpose of viewing them on a stand-alone personal computer or monitor for your private use or for non-commercial research. Permanent copying or storage of any of these pages (or any part thereof) or the re-distribution thereof by any means (including publishing or incorporating them in any other website or electronic information or retrieval system) is not permitted without our prior written consent.
In particular you are not allowed to modify any downloaded documents or related graphics nor use any graphics separate from the corresponding text. Nothing in these Terms constitutes a licence to use or copy any part of the website except as expressly provided for herein. All rights not hereby expressly granted are hereby reserved.
If you breach the terms of this provision your permission to use this website automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from the website.
Your Use of The Website
You warrant to us that when using the website you will not:
- Copy, alter, modify or delete any of its content
- Introduce any computer viruses, macro viruses, trojan horses, worms or anything else designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer or to surreptitiously intercept, access without authority or expropriate any system, data or personal information; or
- Cause the website to be interrupted, damaged or rendered less efficient such that the effectiveness or functionality of the website is in any way impaired.
Use of this site by you for any purpose which may be unlawful in the United Kingdom or in your jurisdiction if you are located out with the United Kingdom is strictly prohibited and you agree to keep us fully indemnified against any claims, losses, liability, damages or expenses arising out of misuse by you of any part of this website or of the information or materials contained in it.
This website may from time to time provide links to, and content from, other Internet sites and resources. However, given that monitoring the amount of information disseminated and accessible via those sites and resources is impractical and beyond our resources such information cannot be guaranteed to be accurate and up to date and is not endorsed by us. If you decide to access any third-party websites linked to this website, you do so entirely at your own risk. If you use the links to leave this Site and visit a website operated by a third party, we do not have any control over that website.
Accordingly, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you may provide while visiting such websites. In every case you should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Links by you to this website, and specifically framing or deep linking may only be permitted if you first obtain our express written consent and will be subject to such conditions as we may see fit to impose.
We expressly exclude liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage (including without limitation any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption and whether in delict or tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with the use of this website or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of the website, any websites linked to the website or material on such website including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing the website or your downloading of any material from this website or any websites linked to the website.
Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, fraud, misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter or any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Data ProtectionUse of data that you provide to us is governed by our privacy statement.
If we fail to exercise or delay in exercising any right or remedy under the Terms or by law, that will not constitute a waiver of our rights or remedy nor shall it prevent us from exercising that right or remedy in whole or in part in the future.
If any provisions of the Terms (or part of a paragraph or provision) is found by any court to be invalid, unenforceable or legal the other provisions shall remain in force.
This website is operated and controlled from the United Kingdom and the Terms and your use of this website are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.